Terms & Conditions
Eddington Hook unconditionally guarantees all the books purchased through this site. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of your order for a complete refund. If the book is faulty or has been damaged in transit, we will replace the book. See Returns procedure below.
For all returned books, please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your account number or invoice number so that we can send you the appropriate documents. Alternatively you may call us on 44 (0)1892 839816 or fax on 44 (0)1892 837272. For damaged or faulty books we will include a freepost label.
We do not accept any liability or claim arising from late delivery. We aim to dispatch all orders within 24hrs of receipt of stock items, if we are waiting for stock deliveries then please allow up to 5 days for delivery. Despatch times to UK mainland on orders sent by courier will be delivered next day and will require a signature on delivery. You will be notified either by email or sms text with a delivery time slot.
Orders sent by Royall Mail in the UK will be sent by second class post with a delivery time of 2-3 days. Overseas customers please allow up to 10 days for delivery in Europe and up to 14 days for Rest of World.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. No purchase necessary.
2. Promotions open to everyone (unless otherwise stated), and closed to employees of the Promoter, and their families or anyone else connected with the promotions.
3. Closing date and details of prizes are as stated in relevant entry details. Entries must be received by the closing date given in the relevant entry details. River Cottage competition ends midnight 1st February 2013.
4. No cash alternative will be offered to prizes.
5. Only one entry per person per promotion.
6. Winners will be selected as set out in the relevant entry details. The decision of Eddington Hook is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Address for entry is the postal or e-mail address provided in the relevant entry details.
8. Winners will be notified by the date provided in the relevant entry details.
9. For details of winners, send an S.A.E. marked 'Eddington Hook, Unit D, PWDC, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent TN12 6UU, at least 2 weeks after the winners notification date.
10. No responsibility will be taken for entries that are damaged, illegible, incomplete, and lost or delayed in the post or otherwise fail to reach the Promoter by the closing date. Entry forms will not be returned to entrants.
11. Competition winners may be requested to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
12. By entering the Competition you agree that: a) your entry can be used by Eddington Hook as they see fit. ii) your entry is original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material.
14. The Promoter will only use entrants' personal information in connection with these promotions.
15. It is a condition of entry that all entrants agree to be bound by these rules and are asked to retain a copy of these rules for any future reference.
16. Prizes are non-returnable and cannot be exchanged.
17. Eddington Hook reserves the right to remove prize draws or competitions at any time.
18. The Promoter is Eddington Hook, Unit D, PWDC, Paddock Wood, Tonbridge, Kent TN12 6UU.
Responsibility for Local Taxes and Duties
When we ship books for delivery outside the United Kingdom, the recipient is liable for any local taxes or import duties that may be payable.
If your books have not arrived within the expected delivery time you can inquire into the status of your order by e-mail to email@example.com by telephone to 44 (0)1892 839816 or fax to 44 (0)1892 837272.
Eddington Hook undertake not to divulge to any third party any information concerning customers that would be in breach of the Data Protection Acts. Eddington Hook as a matter of policy do not pass your details to any third party.
Security of Credit Card Payment Options
This site uses encryption and secure (SSL) servers to help ensure the privacy of any information that you provide. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any losses incurred or sustained by users who transmit information by means of e-mail or other internet link shall be borne solely and exclusively by such user and in no event shall any such losses in whole or part by borne by Eddington Hook.
To the fullest extent permitted at law, Eddington Hook publishes this Web site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Eddington Hook does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this Web site is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Except as specifically stated on this Web site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither Eddington Hook nor any of its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Eddington Hook does not limit its liability for death or personal injury to the extent only that it arises as a result of the negligence of Eddington Hook, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives.
Applicable Law/Courts of Jurisdiction
Contracts formed between Eddington Hook and users as a result of using this site shall be governed in all respects by English law and all such users hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Eddington Hook reserves the right to amend and/or extend these terms and conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions stipulated above are those currently applicable.